Amida-ji Temple (Kamigyo Ward, Kyoto City) (阿弥陀寺 (京都市上京区))
Amida-ji Temple is the temple of the Jodo (Pure Land) sect in Kamigyo Ward, Kyoto City. Its sango ((literally, "mountain name"), which is the title prefixed to the name of a Buddhist temple, is Rendaisan. Its in go (a title given to a Buddhist temple) is Soken-in Temple. The honzon (principal image of Buddha) is Amida Nyorai (Amitabha Tathagata).
In 1555, this temple was built for the first time in Sakamoto, Omi Province (Otsu City), by 玉誉清玉, but later on Nobunaga ODA became a believer of the religion, and the temple was moved to Kamigyo Imadegawa-dori Street and Omiya-dori Street. After Nobunaga was killed at Honno-ji Temple, the remains of Nobunaga and his son, Nobutada ODA, were brought back to Amida-ji Temple and buried there. The temple was moved in 1585 to the location it currently occupies.
(Big) Buddhist temples/cathedrals and others
Sanmon gate (temple gate)
The cemetery of Nobunaga and Nobutada ODA
The cemetery of the Ranmaru Mori brothers
The cemetery of Kien MINAGAWA and others