Daimyo-ji Temple (Kyoto City) (大妙寺 (京都市))
Daimyo-ji Temple is a temple of the Nichiren sect, located in Nishikyo Ward, Kyoto City. It is one of the twenty-one Hokke sect temples in the central Kyoto. Its sango (literally, "mountain name"), which is the title prefixed to the name of a Buddhist temple, is Mt. Myoon.
With Myoon Ajari Nichigyo, one of nine old priests who studied under Nichiro (a pupil of Nichiren shonin (founder of the Nichiren sect)), being its kaiki (the patron of a temple at its founding), this temple was founded in 1340.
It was destroyed by fire in the Tenbun Hokke Disturbance.
It was moved to where it is now in 1991.
The main hall enshrines the statue of Sanpo Kojin (literally, god of a cooking stove, or the god of three treasures), which is believed to have been engraved by Denkyo Daishi (Saicho, the monk who established the Tendai sect of Buddhism in Japan).