Daiun-in Temple (Kyoto City) (大雲院 (京都市))
The temple was founded in Nijokarasuma in 1587 by Teian in order to pray for the departed souls of Nobunaga ODA and his son, Nobutada ODA. Later, the temple was moved to Teramachi as a result of Hideyoshi's urban development policy. As the surrounding areas grew prosperous in the Showa period, the temple moved to its present address in Higashiyama Ward in 1972 with the enlargement of the Kyoto Takashimaya building.
It was called Daiun-in after Nobutada's homyo (a Buddhist name given to a person who has died).
Sanmon (temple gate)
Hondo (main hall): Built in 1973
Shoro (bell tower)
A three-story building erected in 1928, it was part of the villa called 'Makuzuso,' which was built by Kihachiro OKURA as his second residence. It was modeled after the hoko (decorative floats used in the Gion Festival) designed by Chuta ITO.