Konren-ji Temple (金蓮寺 (京都市))
Konren-ji Temple, located in Kita Ward, Kyoto City, is a temple of the Ji sect. Its sango (literally, "mountain name"), which is the title prefixed to the name of a Buddhist temple, is Kinryozan. Its principal image is Amida Nyorai.
It originated in 1311, when Joa Shinkan was given Gidarin-ji Temple, which was then located at Shijo Kyogoku, by the Retired Emperor Gofushimi as a reward for his contribution to the delivery of Kogimonin Fujiwara no Yasuko, the retired Emperor's nyogo (consort), and renamed it Konren-ji Temple.
Thereafter, it became dojo (training hall) of the Ji sect and was called 'Shijo Dojo.'
It was moved in 1928 to its present location in Takagamine, Kita Ward, Kyoto City.