Shoko-ji Temple (Kyoto City) (勝光寺 (京都市))
This temple was founded in 1427 as Myokei-ji Temple by Jiun-in Nisshin, the seventeenth head priest of Minobu san (Mt. Minobu).
It was destroyed by fire in the Tenbun Disturbance in 1536. It was moved to Kanno-ji Temple, which is located in the present-day Shizuoka Prefecture.
In 1631, this temple was restored by Sokuze-in Nikkan (a disciple of Niccho), who is considered chuko ("Great Reviver") of the temple. Sokuze-in Nikkan called Shakkoin dono nichiyu ji (the wife of Kanemaki, the Governor of Tango Province, and the granddaughter of Yoshikage ASAKURA) Saiko kaiki danotsu ("the supporter of the temple who revived and restarted it"), and changed its jigo (literally, "temple name"), which is the title given to a Buddhist temple, to Shakko-ji and its sango (literally, "mountain name"), which is the title prefixed to the name of a Buddhist temple, to Gakuyo san (Mt. Gakuyo) after his own azana (nickname).
The temple was destroyed by the Great fire of Tenmei in 1778 and later reconstructed.