The Honmon Sect (本門宗)
The Nichiren Honmon Sect (Also known as Honmon Sect) is a sect based on Nichiren Buddhism, which was organized by Nikkomon School (a branch temple succeeding the Nikko's Buddhist teaching lineage) in 1876, and merged with the Nichiren Sect and the Kenpon Hokke Sect in 1941 in order to form a better organization. As for the doctrine, the sect believed Shoretsu School, Shuso Honbutsuron (believing Nichiren as the True Buddha).
It was established as the Komon School of Nichiren Sect in 1876 by eight head temples and their branch temples that belonged to the Fujimon School.
Its name was changed to The Nichiren Honmon Sect (Honmon Sect) in 1899.
The Taiseki-ji Temple and its branch temples separated from the school and became independent as the Fuji School of the Nichiren Sect in 1900, and it was changed into Nichiren Sho Sect in 1912.
In 1941, it was united with the Kenpon Hokke Sect of Shoretsu School and the Nichiren Sect of Icchi School in order to form the better organization, the Nichiren Sect, which was composed of major and branch temples of various schools of Shoretsu School and Icchi School.
Fuji Gozan (five major temples around Mt. Fuji) (in Shizuoka prefecture)
Kitayama Honmon-ji Temple
Nishiyama Honmon-ji Temple
Myoren-ji Temple (Fujinomiya City)
Koizumi Kuon-ji Temple
Komon Hachi Honzan (eight major temples)
Hota Myohon-ji Temple
Izu Jitsujo-ji Temple
Somuin, Grand Head Temple, was placed in Kitayama Honmon-ji Temple, Fujinomiya City, Shizuoka Prefecture.