Oi-jinja Shrine (Kyoto City) (大井神社 (京都市))

Oi-jinja Shrine is a shrine in Togetsukyo kitazume, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto City. It is known as the koei-sha (descendant shrine) of shikinai-sha (shrines listed in the Engishiki (List of Official Shrines)) 'Otokuni District, Yamashiro Province Oi-jinja Shrine,' and its ranked as a township shrine.

Currently, the enshrined deity is Ukano-mitama (Ugamitama no kami), but originally, it was Magatsuhi no kami (evil gods), Naobi no kami (gods of restoration), and Kamunaobi no kami.

History
The history of its establishment is unknown, but the 'Yamashiro oi jin' to which Jugoinoge (Junior Fifth Rank, Lower Grade) was granted according to the July 21, 876 section of Nihon Sandai Jitsuroku (the sixth of six classical Japanese history texts), is thought to be this shrine, and this may be related to the fact that the Hata clan built a large dam in early the 8th century to fix the Kazuno-gawa River (Oi-gawa River, Katsura-gawa River (Yodo-gawa River System)). It claims to be the koei-sha of 'Oi-jinja Shrine' described in the Engishiki jinmyocho (List of Official Shrines), but the enshrinement place of the Oi-jinja Shrine in the Engishiki is Otokuni District, while this shrine's current enshrinement place is the former Kado District. The "Shikinai-sha Survey Report" states that the shrine is not the Shikinai Oi-jinja Shrine, but the Ijin of the subordinate shrine of Matsuo-taisha Shrine, and that Shikinai Oi-jinja Shrine may have gone out of use.

In 1877, it was ranked as a township shrine.

The current main building of the shrine was transferred and reconstructed after dismantling the old building at Nonomiya-jinja Shrine.