Kanokogi-no-shoKanakogi-no-sho Manor (鹿子木荘)
Akita District, Higo Province
It covered the north part of modern-day Kumamoto City, Hokubu-machi Town of Kumamoto City, Ueki-machi Town of Kamoto-gun and part of Koshi City in Kumamoto Prefecture.
It is thought that the manor was developed by Shami Jumyo before being donated by his grandson Takakata KANOKOGI/KANAKOGI (鹿子木高方) to dazai daini (senior assistant governor-general of Government Headquarters in Kyushu) FUJIWARA no Sanemasa in 1086, and after Sanemasa's downfall, was inherited by FUJIWARA no Kinzane, but his grandson FUJIWARA no Takamichi (a son of Kinzane's daughter) later donated it to Shokudoku-in Temple and subsequently Ninna-ji Temple took on the role of head family.
Nina-ji Temple → To-ji Temple
Ryoke (Lord of the Manor)
The Fujiwara clan (FUJIWARA no Sanemasa → FUJIWARA no Kinzane → Gansei, etc.) → Horikawa-Genji (Minamoto clan) MINAMOTO no Tomomi → MINAMOTO no Mototomi, etc.) → Kajima Nyudo, etc.
Betto (Chief Administrator of the Manor)
The Kanokogi/Kanakogi clan → the Kikuchi clan and Otomo clan.
The area lost its status as a manor in the Muromachi period after the Takuma clan which had descended from the Kanokogi/Kanakogi clan and served as jito (manager and lord of manor) expanded its power during the Kamakura period.