St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church, Nishijin (カトリック西陣聖ヨゼフ教会)
1890: St. Francis Xavier Church (Kawaramachi Church) was built by La Societe des Missions Etrangeres de Paris.
Around 1907: The Nishijin Church (St. Joseph's Church) was established in Nijo-Shinmachi. It was the second Catholic church in Kyoto.
Later, it moved to Omiya-Shimodachiuri.
1909: Moved to Kuromon-Nakadachiuri.
1917: Closed temporarily.
(Until around 1930)
1930: Moved to Ichijo Agaru, Shinmachi and then to Omiya-Sasaya-cho.
1935: Moved to Omiya-Nakadachiuri.
1937: The Prefecture Apostolic of Kyoto was separated from the Archdiocese of Osaka
A missionary of the Mary knoll mission arrived at the church to take his or her new post.
1939: Moved to the present site (in Ichijo Agaru, Shinmachi-dori Street).
1941: Closed due to the war.
1949: The present church was built. The completion of the church was celebrated - 8.15.
Ten minutes on foot from Imadegawa Station of the Karasuma Line of Kyoto City Subway.
Five minutes on foot to the south from the 'Kamigyoku Sogochosha' (Kamigyo-ku Ward General Office) bus stop of Route 59, 201 or 203 of Kyoto City Bus.
Five minutes on foot to the east from the 'Ichijo Modori-bashi' bus stop of Route 9, 12, 50, 61 or 67 of Kyoto City Bus.