Kuraki Park (久良岐公園)
Kuraki Park is a park with an area of approximately 230,000 square meters that expands over Konan Ward and Isogo Ward in Yokohama City. The park was developed and opened in 1973 along with the development of Shiomidai (Yokohama City). The name was taken from Kuraki-gun, which is the place name in old days, and chosen from entries from the public. In the middle of the park lies a lake, and on the north side there is a copse with a walking trail leading to Kuraki Noh stage. On the south side of the park, there are a lawn field, a cherry blossom grove and conserved cars of Yokohama Municipal Tramway, and is alive with people viewing the cherry blossoms in the spring.
Location: 3-chome, Kami-Ooka, Konan Ward/8-chome, Okamura, Isogo Ward/1-chome, Shiomidai (Yokohama City), Yokohama City
20 minutes walk from Kami-Ooka Station and Byobugaura Station on Keikyu Main Line
From Kami-Ooka Station or Byobugaura Station on the Keikyu Main Line or Isogo Station on the Negishi Line, take the Yokohama City Bus or Keihin Kyuko Bus and get off at Kuraki Koen-mae (front of Kuraki Park) bus stop.
There is a pay parking lot.
Area: 230,762 square meters
Kuraki Noh stage
It is a Noh stage located on the north side of the park. It was built behind the Imperial Hotel in Hibiya, Tokyo in 1917. In 1931, the Noh stage was donated to the department of traditional Japanese music at the Tokyo Music School, the predecessor of the present Tokyo University of the Arts. The Noh stage was taken apart and preserved since a new one was built in the university in 1964. However, it was succeeded to Kenji MIYAKOSHI and reconstructed in the park. In 1984, it was donated to Yokohama City, and has been used for residents' activities such as Nohgaku (the art of Noh), Sado (tea ceremony) and classical Japanese dance. Hyakusui HIRAFUKU, who was an expert of Japanese painting, drew old pine tree on Kagami-ita (the back board).