Japan/Kinki Region/Kyoto Prefecture/Funai-gun
The district includes the following towns:
April 1, 1889: As a result of the enactment of the chosonsei (Town and Village System Law), Sonobe-cho and twenty-three villages were established in Funai-gun. Funai-gun was comprised of one town and twenty-three villages.
October 10, 1894: Tominosho-mura and Honjo-mura were merged to form Tomimoto-mura. Funai-gun was comprised of one town and twenty-two villages.
July 19, 1901: Through the implementation of the chosei (grant of township), Shuchi-mura became Shuchi-cho. Funai-gun was comprised of two towns and twenty-one villages.
January 1, 1915: Through the implementation of the chosei, Yagi-mura became Yagi-cho. Funai-gun was comprised of three towns and twenty villages.
April 1, 1951: Funai-gun was comprised of three towns and ten villages. Sonobe-cho absorbed Kawabe-mura.
Yagi-cho absorbed Yoshitomi-mura, Tomimoto-mura and Shinjo-mura.
Shuchi-cho absorbed Takeno-mura.
Hinokiyama-mura, Umeda-mura, Sannomiya-mura and Shitsumi-mura were merged to form Mizuho-mura.
Shuchi-cho and Takahara-mura were merged to form Tanba-cho.
Kamiwachi-mura and Shimowachi-mura were merged to form Wachi-cho.
Yagi-cho absorbed Kamiyoshi-mura, Kita-Kuwada-gun.
September 30, 1956: Kameoka City absorbed Higasihonme-mura. Funai-gun was comprised of six towns.
January 1, 2006: Sonobe-cho, Yagi-cho and Hiyoshi-cho were merged with Miyama-cho, Kita-Kuwada-gun (Kyoto Prefecture) to form Nantan City, and the city was separated from the gun (district) system. Funai-gun was comprised of one town.
"Go" (unit of the smallest administrative area) in Funai-gun, described in the Wamyo-sho (a dictionary compiled in the Heian period)
Osakabe-go (Gyobu-go, 刑部郷)
Yoto-go (Yodo-go, 余戸郷)