Kado no Kori (Kadono-gun) (Kadono District) (葛野郡)
Kado no Kori (Kadono-gun) was a district that existed in Yamashiro Province, Kyoto Prefecture. Part of its district and the area of Otagi District next to it in ancient times became the Heian-kyo (the ancient capital of Japan in current Kyoto) and all of its area is currently included within Kyoto City.
April 10, 1879: From the Gun-ku-cho-son Henseiho (Act for the alignment of local government system), the Kadono District Public Office was built in Uzumasa Village.
April 1, 1889: The act of the City, town, and village was carried out.
Kamigyo and Shimogyo Wards were combined together to form Kyoto City and separated from Kado no Koori
December 1, 1903: Shimosaga Village became part of Saga Village
April 1, 1923: Saga Village transformed into a town and became Saga Town
(1 town, 11 villages).
July 1, 1942: Northern Yamashiro Local District Office was established to have jurisdiction over Otagi, Kadono, and Otokuni Districts at Kyoto City.
April 1, 1948: Onogo and Nakagawa Villages became a part of Kyoto City. Kadono District was abolished on the same day.
Go (home village) within the district seen in "Wamyo Ruijusho" (dictionary of Japanese names). Those within the parenthesis is pronounced in the way of Kun (the Japanese pronunciation of Chinese character).