Kamigyo Ward (上京区)
Kamigyo Ward is one of the eleven wards that constitute Kyoto City. Located in the center of the city, Kamigyo Ward occupies the northern part of former Kyoto. Kamo-gawa River (Yodo-gawa River system) flows on the east side. The Kyoto Prefectural government office is located in this ward.
April 10, 1897: Kamigyo Ward was established in Kyoto Prefecture.
Educational facilities, museums and cultural facilities
Kyoto-shi Koko Shiryokan (the Kyoto City archeological museum)
Kyoto-shi Rekishi Shiryokan (the Kyoto city historical museum)
Chado Research Center Gallery
Kyo-gashi Shiryokan (the Kyoto confectionery museum)
Karasuma Line of Kyoto Municipal Subway
Scenic sites, historic sites, tourist spots, specialty, festivals and events
Kyoto-gyoen Park - Kyoto Gosho (Kyoto Imperial Palace)
Kitano Tenmangu Shrine
St. Agnes' Episcopal Church (Anglican), Kyoto (constructed in 1898 and has been designated as a national important cultural property).
The Meiji Hall of Heian Jogakuin St. Agnes School (built in 1894 and has been designated as a national important cultural property).
The Kamishichiken area
Ichijo Modori-bashi Bridge
Honbo-ji Temple (Kyoto Prefecture) (the "Tomoe-no-Niwa Garden" beauty spot)
Post office in charge of collection and delivery in Kamigyo Ward is as follows:
The Nishijin Post Office: 602-xxxx