Kamo-cho (Kyoto Prefecture) (加茂町 (京都府))
As the capital (Kuni-kyo) was located around this area for a period of time in the Nara period, the area has many historical sites and cultural assets. The first currency in circulation in Japan, 'Wado-Kaichin silver coins,' was made in this area.
The town adopted a motto 'Town rich in culture and is comfortable to live.'
Local products are wallpaper, Fusuma door, tea, and shiitake mushrooms.
Mt.Kita (elevation: 476.5 m)
740: The Emperor Shomu relocated the capital to Kuni-kyo.
744: The capital was relocated to Naniwanomiya Palace and the Yamashiro provincial monastery was built at the site of Kuni-kyo.
1047: The Joruri-ji Temple was built.
April 1, 1889: Sato-mura, Takada-mura, Hokkejino-mura, Ono-mura, Kannonji-mura, Minami-mura, Zezu-mura, Unami-mura, and Kita-mura of Soraku-gun were merged to form Kamo-mura.
February 11, 1928: The town organization took effect.
April 1, 1951: Tono-mura and Mikanohara-mura of Soraku-gun were incorporated into Kamo-mura.
March 12, 2007: Three towns of Yamashiro, Kizu, and Kamo were merged to form Kizugawa City.
Mayor: Hisashi NANBA (inaugurated in May, 2003)
Kamo-cho cultural center (Ajisai Hall)
Adjacent to the prefectural government of Nara Prefecture, Nara City, Kamo-cho has been greatly affected.
Scenic sites, historic sites
Yamashiro provincial monastery site (Kuni-kyo site)
Goryo-jinja Shrine (Kamo-cho)
Stone Buddhist image in Too
Okage Odori Dance (held at the Hakusan-jinja Shrine on October 16)
Shishimai (lion dance), Dengaku Dance, Sumo (Japanese-style wrestling) (held in Zezu in October)
The ZIP codes are as follows. Changes were made on October 10, 2006.