Kashida Village (a former village in Minami-kuwada County, Kyoto Prefecture) (樫田村)
Kashida Village was a village belonged to Minami-kuwada County, the southwestern part of Kyoto Prefecture. It lay in the same area as today's Kashida district of Takatsuki City, Osaka Prefecture.
Tano Village, Nakahata Village, Izuriha Village and Sugio Village were merged into Kashida Village by the municipal merger in the Meiji period. The village name 'Kashida' (written as "樫田") was named as the combination of 'kashi' (樫), the letter from the name of Kashifune-jinja shrine (樫船神社) in the area, and 'da' (田), the letter from the name of Tano Village (田能村) which was one of the villages to merge into Kashida Village.
On April 1, 1958, its municipal merger with Takatsuki City, Osaka Prefecture, was conducted across the prefectural border. Before the merger across the prefectural border, the borderline on the map was straight; after the merger, the northern part of Takatsuki City, Osaka Prefecture, became convex upward, and the southwestern part of Kyoto Prefecture became concave downward.