Otagi no Kori (Otagi-gun) (Otagi District) (愛宕郡)
Otagi no Kori (Otagi-gun) was a district that existed in Yamashiro Province, Kyoto Prefecture. Part of its district became Heian-kyo (the ancient capital of Japan in current Kyoto) along with Kado District, which was its neighbor from ancient times, and is currently a main part of Kita Ward (Kyoto City) and Sakyo Ward of Kyoto City.
Three villages (a part of later Hanase Village and current Hanase area, Sakyo Ward, Kyoto City) of Ofuse, Yamasu, Bessho Villages from Kuwata District, Tanba Province became a part of the area in 1645.
April 10, 1879: Following the Gun-ku-cho-son Henseiho (Act for the alignment of local government system), Otagi District Public Hall was established.
April 1, 1889: Following the Town and Village Act, seventeen villages were formed within Otagi District
January 29, 1891: Noguchi Village became separated from Takagamine Village
July 1, 1942: Northern Yamashiro District Office was established to give the jurisdiction over Otagi, Kadono, and Otokuni Districts.
Otagi District was abolished on the same day.
Go (home village) within the district seen in "Wamyo Ruijusho" (dictionary of Japanese names). Those within the parenthesis is pronounced in the way of Kun (the Japanese pronunciation of Chinese character).
Izumo-go (Adakae) (以都毛)(在上下)