Yamashiro-cho (Kyoto Prefecture) (山城町 (京都府))
Yamashiro-cho was a town once existed in the southern part of Kyoto Prefecture. On March 12, 2007, this town merged with Kizu-cho and Kamo-cho (Kyoto Prefecture) to become Kizugawa City. Its specialties are bamboo shoots and tea.
April 1, 1889: The Villages of Tsubai-mura, Kita-Kawara-mura (北河原村) and Shindoji-mura (神童寺村) merged to form Korai-mura corresponding to the enforcement of the town-village system. The villages of Kabata-mura and Hirao-mura (平尾村) merged into Tanakura-mura. The three villages, including Kamikoma-mura, were inaugurated.
July 1, 1926: Kamikoma-mura acquired the town status, becoming Kamikoma-cho.
August 1, 1956: Kamikoma-cho, Korai-mura and Tanakura-mura merged to inaugurate Yamashiro-cho.
The town mayor: Hideo FUJIWARA
West Japan Railway Company
National Route 24
National Route 163
The Kamikoma Joyo Line of Kyoto Prefectural Route 70
The Hirakata Yamashiro Line of Osaka Prefectural Route/Kyoto Prefectural Route 71