Kumihama Prefecture (久美浜県)
Kumihama Prefecture was a prefecture established in 1868. It was abolished and consolidated into Toyooka Prefecture in 1871.
It had control over the Kumihama and Ikuno magistrate's office-dominated land in the five provinces of Tango, Tanba, Tajima, Harima and Mimasaka, and Hatamoto domain in Tajima and Tanba, which amounted to 926 villages and 230,000 koku.
The prefectural government was located in the former Kumihama magistrate's office (Kyotango City, Kyoto Prefecture). Since the former magistrate's office was too small, a government building was newly made in 1870.
As separatist movements was mounted in places dominated by the Ikuno magistrate's office, three provinces of Tajima (except for a part of northern Tajima), Harima and Mimasaka were separated from Kumihama Prefecture and formed Ikuno Prefecture in 1869. A part of southern Tajima was transferred to the Sasayama Domain.
In 1871, Kumihama Prefecture was abolished and consolidated into Toyooka Prefecture.
May 11, 1868: The Fuchu Court was established to rule the land formally dominated by the Ikuno magistrate's office.
June 18, 1868: Kumihama Prefecture was established to rule the former Kumihama dominated area.
September 15, 1868: The Fuchu Court was abolished and incorporated into Kumihama Prefecture (230,000 koku).
September 15, 1869: Tajima, Harima and Mimasaka were separated and formed Ikuno Prefecture, and a part of southern Tajima was transferred to Sasayama Domain.
June 3, 1870: The new government building was completed.
December 13, 1871: It was consolidated into Toyooka Prefecture.