Kyoto Horse Racing Club (京都競馬倶楽部)
The Kyoto Horse Racing Club was an organization which used to hold horse races. It was founded as the Kyoto Horse Racing Association on March 15, 1907, and was renamed in 1910 and dissolved on May 31, 1937.
It was founded as the Kyoto Horse Racing Association in March of 1907 when sales of betting tickets (for public games) were tacitly allowed, and on May 16, 1908, horse racing started to be held at the Shimabara Race Track established in Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto City. In October of the same year, sales of betting tickets were prohibited and the autumnal events were held with subsidy from the government. In 1910, it was renamed Kyoto Horse Racing Club by the order of the administrator of Horse Administration, and the club began to host horse racing on June 18 of the same year. Since the lease contract for Shimabara Race Track expired at the end of 1912 and the Track was damaged by fire, the horse track was relocated to Shuchi-cho, Funai County Kyoto Prefecture (presently, Kyotanba-cho, former Tanba-cho) in 1913 and horse racing was held there until the spring of 1923.
When the Horse Racing Act was promulgated in 1923, it was decided the horse track would be relocated to Fushimi Ward, Kyoto City in 1924, and horse racing was suspended in the same year. In the spring of 1925, Naruo Race Track of Hanshin Horse Racing Club was leased to hold horse racing, which was the first horse racing event accompanied by the sale of betting tickets based on the Horse Racing Act. The present Kyoto Race Course was completed on December first of the same year and started to hold horse racing events on the fifth of the same month.
In the spring of 1928, the mare version of the united race, united races for homebred mares, was founded and conducted until the autumn of 1937.
The Japan Racing Association was founded on December 10, 1936, the last race was conducted by the club in January of 1937, and the club was dissolved and consolidated into Japan Racing Association on May 31 of the same year.