Kaikonoyashiro Station (蚕ノ社駅)
Kaikonoyashiro Station, located in Uzumasa-morigamae-cho, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto City, is a stop on the Arashiyama Main Line, which is operated by Keifuku Electric Railroad Co., Ltd. The station number is A7.
This station is located on the ground level, with two platforms serving two tracks between them.
Konoshimanimasu-amaterumitama-jinja Shrine (Kaikonoyashiro Shrine)
Kyoto Prefectural Route 112: Nijoteishajo-Arashiyama Line
March 25, 1910: This station started its operation as a facility of Arashiyama Trams.
April 2, 1918: The companies concerned merged, and it became a station of the Kyoto Dento.
March 2, 1942: The tramway was transferred to Keifuku Electric Railroad Co., Ltd., and this station became a facility of that company.
Uzumasa-Tenjingawa Station, which became operational on January 16, 2008 on the Tozai Line of Kyoto Municipal Subway, is located approximately 250 meters east of this station, and for a while until Randen-Tenjingawa Station opened, this station was used to change from a train on the subway line to a train on this line or vice versa. Signs indicating the locations of the two stations were provided, but at the time the sidewalks were narrow and some construction work was under way in many portions of them. On March 28, 2008, Randen-Tenjingawa Station, located approximately 280 meters east of this station, on the Yamanouchi Station (Kyoto Prefecture) side, went into operation, and the new station came to be used as a station where train passengers on one of the two lines would change to a train on the other line. For more information, refer to Randen-Tenjingawa Station.