Keage Station (Keihan) (蹴上駅 (京阪))
Keage Station, located in Keage, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto City, was a stop on the Keihan Keishin Line operated by the Keihan Electric Railway. The station was abandoned when the section between Sanjo Station (Kyoto Prefecture) and Misasagi Station on the Keishin Line ceased operations due to the opening of the Tozai Line, Kyoto Municipal Subway Line, in 1997.
Keage Station was a stop provided on the tramway that ran on the Sanjo-dori Street (old National Route 1). Only local trains would stop at Keage Station, because the facility was adapted only to cars having steps for boarding or exiting; express trains (discontinued in 1981) and sub-express trains would bypass the station.
Until just before the end of World War II, there was Keage Station on the Keage Line operated by the Kyoto City Trams, which was located on a slightly distant Niomon-dori Street (suspended in February 1945 and officially discontinued in July 1965).
Cherry blossom trees grew along the neighboring street, which served as a famous photo spot along the Keishin Line.
August 15, 1912: The station was opened when the Keishin Electric Tramway was opened.
January 8, 1932: The station was transferred.
May 15, 1945: The station was suspended due to the intensification of the war.
October 2, 1945: The station became operational again.
October 12, 1997: The station was abandoned.