Matsuo Station (Kyoto Prefecture) (松尾駅 (京都府))
It is an aboveground station with two separate platforms serving two tracks, Matsuo Station has a passing loop that enables trains running in opposing directions to pass each other. The station is located between the western end of Matsuo-bashi Bridge and the southeastern corner of the crossing in front of Matsuo-taisha Shrine.
The station building (ticket gate) is in the direction of Arashiyama Station of the platform for trains bound for Arashiyama, and is connected with a underground passage to the platform for trains bound for Katsura on the opposite side.
Platform numbers aren't assigned.
Matsuo-bashi Bridge (Katsura-gawa River [Yodo-gawa River system])
Kegon-ji Temple (Kyoto City)
Arashiyama East Park
In front of Matsuo-taisha Shrine
Kyoto Municipal Transportation Bureau
Route 28: Bound for Daikaku-ji Temple via Arashiyama Station/ bound for Kyoto Station via Shijo Omiya
Route 29: Bound for Rakusai Bus Terminal via Kokudo Nakayama/bound for Shijo Karasuma via Matsuo-bashi Bridge
The number of passengers per day in fiscal year 2003 was approximately 2,701 (according to the Kyoto Prefecture Statistics Report).
November 9, 1928: The station went into operation as Matsuo-jinja-mae Station concurrently with the Shinkeihan Railway Arashiyama Line.
September 15, 1930: It became a station of Keihan Electric Railway as a result of amalgamation.
October 1, 1943: It became a station of Keihanshin Express Railway (the current Hankyu Railway) as a result of amalgamation.
January 9, 1944: All the railway lines became single due to the need to supply materials. It became a station where two trains could pass each other.
January 1, 1948: Its name was changed to Matsuo Station.