Shinonome Station (Kyoto Prefecture) (東雲駅 (京都府))
It is an unmanned station provided with two platforms serving two tracks between them. The facilities that allow inbound trains and outbound trains to meet here in order to switch use of the tracks were removed once, but they were restored when the ownership of the station was transferred to KTR.
The lavatory is of the type that collects the human waste.
Anju-hime-zuka (Tumulus of Princess Anju)
Candle illumination of the Night Festival at Anju-hime-zuka (held in July)
The Maizuru Equestrian Club (get off at this station and walk)
Maizuru Municipal Yuragawa Junior High School
In fiscal year 2006, the average daily number of persons getting on board at this station was 52.
(According to the Kyoto Prefecture Statistics Report)
April 12, 1924: The station became operational.
April 1, 1987: Due to the division and privatization of Japan National Railways, it became a station of West Japan Railway Company (JR West).
April 1, 1990: The Miyazu Line was transferred to Kitakinki Tango Railway, and it became a station of that railway company.
March 28, 1994: The construction of the present station house was completed.