Tango-Omiya Station (丹後大宮駅)
The station has two separate platforms serving two tracks. The station building was designed to emulate the architecture of the Heian period. A facility, where inbound and outbound trains could pass one another, was removed from the station for a period of time, but it was recovered when the station was transferred to the Kitakinki Tango Railway.
Kyoto Bank, Kuchiono Branch
National Health Insurance Center Tango Omiya
The average daily number of passengers in fiscal year 2006 was 115.
(According to the Kyoto Prefecture Statistics Report)
November 3, 1925: The station was opened when the Mineyama Line (later the Miyazu Line), operated by the Japan National Railways, was extended (initially the station was called Kuchiono Station).
April 1, 1987: The station came to be owned by the JR West due to the division and privatization of Japan National Railways.
April 1, 1990: The Miyazu Line was transferred to the Kitakinki Tango Railway, whereby the station came under the ownership of the Kitakinki Tango Railway.
Kitakinki Tango Railway