Kawata-jinja Shrine (Tsuchiyama-cho, Koga City) (川田神社 (甲賀市土山町))
Kawata-jinja Shrine is a Shinto shrine located in Tsuchiyama-cho, Koga City, Shiga Prefecture. It is believed that this shrine was established in 885 by ceremonially transferring a divided tutelary deity of Takihara-no-Okami in Ise Province. This shrine is a Ronja, shrines considered to be descendants of Engishikimyojin-taisha Shrine (shrines listed under the Jinmyocho [the list of deities] of Engishiki [codes and procedures on national rites and prayers]). Referred to as either Takayasu Daimyojin or Kawadataki Daimyojin, the shrine was renamed the present name, Kawata-jinja Shrine in 1876. The place of enshrinement is in Tongu of Koga City, which has the legend that Yamatohime no mikoto (a daughter of the Emperor Suinin) performed the ritual ablutions in Shira-kawa River. It was designated as the prefectural shrine in the past.
Yamatohime no mikoto
It is held on April 20.
Munafuda (a tag on a ridge of temple describing its history)
With a signature of 1634.
Waniguchi (a medal shape steel drum)
With a signature of 1723.