Reiun-in Temple (霊雲院)
Reiun-in Temple is thought to have been founded by Kiyo Hoshu in 1390. Shosetsu Shugen, the 7th head priest, was close to the Hosokawa clan from which a Buddhist image dais inscribed 'Iaiseki' and a stone bathtub were donated during the Kanei era (1624-1644). The temple was used as a Russian POW camp during the Russo-Japanese War.
Shoin (reception building)
Gaun no Niwa
Important Cultural Properties
Color painting on silk self-inscribed portrait of Priest Kiyo (deposited at Kyoto National Museum)
2 Song Dynasty Chinese copies of Fofa Daming Lu (deposited at Kyoto National Museum)
2 Song Dynasty Chinese copies of Shijianshu (deposited at Kyoto National Museum)
Walk from 'Tofukuji Station' on the Keihan Railway main line and JR Nara line.